But, are you ready? Do you have everything you need to make certain that you will finally achieve lasting weight loss in the New Year?
You see it is a pattern in the majority of people’s lives to include in their New Year’s Resolutions, the goal of becoming a leaner, healthier version of themselves. But unfortunately, research does show us that 88% of all people who join the gym at the beginning of the New Year will never actually set foot in the gym. The other statistic that doesn’t create a lot of optimism is the fact that 95% of all people who are trying to permanently lose weight, will fail.
So what do you need to make sure that you don’t become an ugly statistic?
Come January 1, you are going to want to hit the ground running, to have all your ducks in a row, so that you immediately start the process of improving your health and transforming your body. But, the question that you should be asking yourself is “what do I need in place to make sure that my goals come true?”
The following is a list, that when followed, will make certain that you are one of the 5% that is successful in creating permanent changes in both health and how you look!
1. You will achieve lasting success when you create a daily schedule that lets you do and take all the steps you must for your new healthy lifestyle…
· A time put aside to prepare meals.
· A time put aside for exercise.
· A time put aside to focus on your health.
2. You will be successful when you follow a nutrition and diet plan that works for you.
· The diet should focus on health first.
· The diet should promote healthy metabolism and weight loss.
· The diet should increase lean muscle mass.
· The diet should have wiggle room and forgiveness built into it for social situations.
· The diet should not make you count calories or points, since that is not congruent with long term change.
3. You will be successful when you take charge of your mind and the influences it has on - when and what you eat!
· 90% of why we eat is because of our feelings and emotions.
· These feelings and emotions trigger unhealthy habits that include emotional eating, boredom eating and binge eating.
· Overcoming these negative relationships with food is achieved by putting strategies and reminders in place daily, so that you take charge of your thoughts and feelings.
4. You will be successful when you spend your free time discussing and reading things that keep you motivated on health!
· If you focus on negative things like gossip and the bad economy, you will attract more of that to you. On the other hand if you focus on health through conversations or what you read, you will attract more of that to you.
· Find health and motivational material and engage in it, daily.
· Stay away from situations that destroy motivation or that create emotional triggers. For example; reading the news or gossip magazines that fill you with stress, going on the scale everyday is another example of a motivational killer.
5. You will be successful when you embrace that even one small step is a step in the right direction.
· Every day you have a choice to add one more opportunity to exercise, be active or move. Choose to move…take the stairs not the elevator, walk to the grocery shop-not drive, etc.
· Every day take one unhealthy item out of your diet and add one new healthy item to it!
· Reward yourself for every baby step you take, not with food but with self praise and positive self-talk! Reward should not come from the outside but should make you blossom from the inside-out.
About: Michael Mountain is a transformational author on health, weight loss & personal growth and is featured on Amazon.com. He is the author of the Ultimate Fat Loss Solution Diet which is available presently free of charge at http://www.michael-mountain.com/. He is also the author of Mindset for Weight Loss transformational program - a revolutionary step-by-step program designed to provide the “inner-strength strategies” to take any diet and make it effective for permanent weight loss. This program allowed him to end his own personal 20 year struggle with weight and poor health! You can sign up to receive his blog updates on weight loss and motivation at http://www.michael-mountain.com/Article submission list